I ate some borax????


I ate some borax when i was like 4 because i though it was sugar or salt or something.But i thought i was going to die because isn’t it poisonous? What would have happened if i hadn’t have spit it out? would i be here right now. I never got sick from it but i have always wondered about it and questioned myself if…

Spitting it out is the best thing to do with it, because it does not taste too good. But it cannot hurt you.
In some places borax is used as a food additive, for example in caviar (but it is not permitted in the US).
It is also used in glass, ceramics and enamels, as a fire retardant and as an insect killer. But insects have different insides from us, so it is not harmful to humans.

Here are two good uses for it, to make you feel better about your poisoning scare:

To kill ants or cockroaches, mix a heaped spoon of borax, and a heaped spoon of sugar in a quarter cup of hot water. When dissolved, put it into jar lids on the floor. Top it up to stop it drying out. The bugs are attracted by the sugar, but killed by the borax. The human equivalent of this amount would be eating about 4 or 5 lbs of it, which you couldn’t do because of the taste.

As a fire retardant, especially good for thin sheer curtains, is mix 2 cups of borax in a bucket of water, soak the curtains a few minutes, wring by hand and hang out to dry. They will only smoulder, not flare up, if the wind blows them against a radiator or open fire.

Borax Human Consumption

The average lethal dose for borax in mammals is about 6g per kg of body weight. If say, you were 25kg at the time, that’s about 150g of borax. Unless it tastes good (doubt it), you surely wouldn’t consume that much. It is eliminated fairly quickly (via urination), with a half-life in humans of less than 24h. Incidentally, common salt is more toxic.

HIGH DOSE IS TOXIC and Borax,is not acutely toxic. This does not mean that it is safe, merely that a significant dose of the chemical is needed to cause severe symptoms or death. Simple exposure can cause respiratory and skin irritation. Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal distress including nausea, persistent vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Effects on the vascular system and brain include headaches and lethargy, but are less frequent. “In severe poisonings, a beefy red skin rash affecting palms, soles, buttocks and scrotum has been described. With severe poisoning, erythematous and exfoliative rash, unconsciousness, respiratory depression, and renal failure.” [8]

A reassessment of boric acid/borax by the United States Environmental Protection Agency Office of Pesticide Programs found potential developmental toxicity (especially effects on the testes).[9] Boric acid solutions used as an eye wash or on abraded skin are known to be especially toxic to infants, especially after repeated use because of its slow elimination rate.

Borax isn’t poisonous. In fact vets recommend using it for fleas on your animals because if they eat it, it won’t hurt them.

Read the solution on the borax container and follow the directions; call emergency (911).

1

isnt borax just like soap or something???

Now you are clean inside and you’ll go to Heaven.

(ps, I dont know)

call the poison number its in the phone book
and let them answer your question if your concerned
about long term affects.

Just don’t try it again….this could really hurt you be careful sweetie

Leave a Comment